Welcome to the CO460 - High Performance Computing course page.
Instruction Level Parallelism: Pipelining, Hazards, Compiler techniques for ILP, Branch prediciton, Static and Dynamic Scheduling, Speculation, Limits of ILP. Multicore Memory Hierarchy: Cache tradeoffs, Basic and Advanced optimizations, Virtual Memory, DRAM optimizations. Multiprocessors: Symmetric and Distributed architectures, Cache coherence protocols - Snoopy and Directory based, ISA support for Synchronization, Memory Consistency Models. Interconnection Networks: Architectures, Topologies, Performance, Routing, Flow control, Future of NoCs. VLSI: Transistor Theory. Moore's Law. Delay, Power, Energy, Temperature dependence in integrated circuits.
- [HP5e] John Hennessy and David Patterson. Computer Architecture - A Quantitative Approach. 5ed. Morgan Kaufmann.
- John P. Shen and Mikko H. Lipasti. Modern Processor Design - Fundamentals of Superscalar Processors. Tata McGraw Hill.
- William J Dally and Brian Towles. Principles and Practices of Interconnection Networks. Morgan Kaufmann. 2004.
- [SLoCA] Mark Hill/Margaret Martonosi (eds.). Synthesis Lectures on Computer Architecture, Morgan and Claypool, 2006 -- 2016.
- Important publications in Computer Architecture.
Course components: Qtorials - 20%, Programming assignments - 35%, Midsem and Endsem examinations - 45%.
Submit input, code, screenshots, in an archive. Email to email@example.com.
|Sl. No.||Assignment||Submission Date|
|1||A1||A1 - Programming Assignment..||Jan 30.|
|2||A2||A2 - Simulation Assignment..||Feb 6.|
|3||A3||A3 - Scheduling, Loop unrolling Assignment..||Feb 8.|
|4||A4||A4 - Memory Hierarchy Assignment.|
|4||A4-B||A4-B - Valgrind, Pin Tools - Bonus Assignment.|