Welcome to the C0471 - Parallel Programming course page.
- Provide systematic and comprehensive treatment of present day concepts in shared and distributed parallel programming.
- Programming Paradigms: Pthreads, OpenMP, MPI, CUDA, OpenCL, XeonPhi programming.
- Important publications from literature.
Important Course Materials
- Wisconsin-Madison's Pthread Primer.
- Bil Lewis and Daniel J. Berg. Lewis's bWisconsin-Madison's Pthread Primer.
Other Reference Books/Textbooks
- Grama, et. al. Introduction to Parallel Computing. Pearson Ed.
- Culler, Singh and Gupta. Parallel Computer Architecture. MK.
- Herlihy and Shavit, The Art of Multiprocessor Programming. MK.
Apart from the above material, each programming assignment PDF lists relevant references.
Submit input, code, screenshots, in an archive. Email to email@example.com.
|Title||Documents/Demo Examples||Submission Date|
|0||Pthreads||A0 - Pthreads Programming Assignment..||Jan 2, 5PM.|
|1||OpenMP||A1 - OpenMP Programming Assignment., Molecular Dynamics Serial code., CDAC's OpenMP demo examples..||Jan 9, 5PM.|
|2||MPI||A2 - MPI Programming Assignment..||Jan 16, 5PM.|
|3||CUDA||A3 - CUDA Programming Assignment.||Feb 03, 5PM.|
| Parallel programming case studies.. |
Reading Assignment: Chapters 1 and 2. Culler, Singh and Gupta. Parallel Computer Architecture. MK.
|A0 - Pthreads Programming Assignment is out.|
|A1 - OpenMP Programming Assignment is out.|
|Pthreads Programming Test.|
|3||Message Passing Interface|
|A2 - MPI Programming Assignment is out.|
|OpenMP Programming Test.|
|Programming assignment A3 (CUDA) out.|