Welcome to my Homepage
I am an Assistant Professor at the Computer Science and Engineering department in the National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal. I have a PhD from the ECE department at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. My research interests are in Network-on-Chips, Simulation Acceleration and Parallelization. Our group is called SPARK (Systems, Parallelization and Architecture Research at NITK) lab at NITK.
Address: Departmant of CSE, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar P. O., Mangalore - 575025. India. Office: +91 824 2473409. Email: , .
Courses: Dec, 2018 - May 2019
- CO262 System Programming
- CO460 High Performance Computing
- Prabhu Prasad B M, Khyamling Parane and Basavaraj Talawar, ``High-Performance NoCs employing the DSP48E1 blocks of the Xilinx FPGAs'', 20th International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED 2019).
- Prabhu Prasad B M, Khyamling Parane and Basavaraj Talawar, ``YaNoC: Yet another Network on Chip Simulation Acceleration Engine supporting Congestion Aware Adaptive Routing using FPGAs'', Journal of Circuits, Systems, and Computers, World Scientific, 2018
- Pramod Yelmewad and Basavaraj Talawar, ``Parallel Iterative Hill Climbing Algorithm to Solve TSP on GPU'', Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Wiley. https://doi.org/10.1002/cpe.4974
- Sangeetha G S, Vignesh Radhakrishnan, Prabhu Prasad, Khyamling Parane and Basavaraj Talawar, ``Trace-Driven Simulation and Design Space Exploration of Network-on-Chip Topologies on FPGA'', 8th Int'l Symp. on Embedded Computing & System Design (ISED 2018), 13-15, December, 2018, CUSAT, Kochi, India.
- Ujjwal Pasupulety, Bheemappa Halavar and Basavaraj Talawar, ``Thermal Aware Design for Through- Silicon Via (TSV) based 3D Network-on-Chip (NoC) Architectures'', 8th Int'l Symp. on Embedded Computing & System Design (ISED 2018), 13-15, December, 2018, CUSAT, Kochi, India.
- Bheemappa Halavar and Basavaraj Talawar, ``OP3DBFT: A Power and Performance Optimal 3D BFT NoC Architecture'', Intl. Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA 2018), 6-8 December, 2018, VIT, Vellore, India.
- Basavaraj Talawar, Pramod Yelmewad. "GPU-based Iterative Hill Climbing Algorithm to Solve Symmetric Salesman Problem.", Book Chapter in "HPC and Big Data: Convergence and Ecosystem", IOS Press, Amsterdam, Book Series "Advances in Parallel Computing."
- Ujjwal Pasupulety, Bheemappa Halavar and Basavaraj Talawar,"Accurate Power and Latency Analysis of a Through-Silicon Via (TSV)", 2018 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI'18), 19--22, September, 2018, PES Institute of Technology, South Campus, Bangalore, India.